If you recently purchased a new home with the intent to sell in the future, it's important to continuously invest and add value to the home. There are a number of small, budget friendly projects that can be completed to add value to your home. Making these small investments will pay off down the road when the time to sell has come. At Choice Properties, our expert real estate agents are eager to help you with both your home buying and selling needs. Consider these cheap upgrades to increase your home's value, preparing your home for the highest profit.
10 Easy, Budget Friendly Ways to Add Value to Your Home
- Paint Kitchen Cabinets. Having new cabinets installed can easily come with a price tag. Tackle this yourself by giving the cabinets a fresh paint job with a neutral color.
- Swap Out Hardware. When is the last time the kitchen and bathroom hardware was updated? Swap out old knobs and pulls for a clean, sleek pair.
- Devote Time to Outdoor Patio Space. The outdoor areas of a home are just as important as indoors. Incorporate nice landscaping, perhaps with a clean firepit and outdoor seating on the back patio.
- Replace Old Outlets. Wall outlets are often overlooked. Replace the old, washed out white outlets with a fresh face.
- Install Crown Molding. Adding crown molding is a great way to add value to a home. Contact your local contractor for an estimate and witness this small change greatly enhance the appearance of your home.
- Focus on Curb Appeal. The walkways and front of your house is the first thing people will notice upon entering your home. Make sure it's welcoming by adding brick stairs, a safe railing, and a freshly painted front door.
- Upgrade Landscaping. Does your front lawn look bare? Consider having a couple trees planted for shade and greenery. Bushes and year-long plants are great to add along flower beds.
- Add Storage Solutions. If your bathroom is smaller than usual, get creative with permanent storage solutions. This could include floating shelves behind the toilet or above the sink.
- Replace Lighting Fixtures. Don't overlook the power of lighting. Making small adjustments by replacing bulbs or fixtures can greatly enhance the appearance of a room.
- Check Window Frames. An easy way to make windows appear larger is to add crown molding and new blinds to the window.
Choice Properties offers you a chance to find the home of your dreams. We work with your budget and ideas in mind to support your ultimate vision. Call us if you are ready to check out the available inventory or to speak with a reputable agent who can assist you with your home buying needs.